Idsall Sixth Form offers a range of courses. The decision about which is more appropriate for you will depend on the grades you achieve at GCSE level.
The School reserves the right not to offer a course if the student numbers are too low.
- Students must achieve a grade total of at least 8 in English Language and Mathematics, with no grade less than a 4.
- Students must achieve a grade 5 in subjects they want to continue at A Level except in English Language and Mathematics.
- If a student wishes to study A Levels alongside any BTEC qualification they must achieve the minimum requirements to study A Levels and the criteria for the specific BTEC.
A Level Courses
Idsall Sixth Form Centre offers a range of subjects at A Levels, combinations of which can be chosen to prepare students for training and employment, or entry to courses currently on offer at Universities. A Level courses involve two years of full time study.
A Level Subjects
|Art & Design||Geography|
|Computer Science||Further Maths|
|English Literature||Religious Studies - Philosophy & Ethics|
Students must achieve a grade total of at least 8 in English Language and Mathematics, with no grade less than a 4.
Students must achieve 3 other grade 4s or equivalent in any other subjects.
If a student has studied the subject at GCSE level they are expected to achieve a grade 5 or equivalent.
Vocational BTEC Level 3 Courses
Food and Nutrition
|Health and Social Care||Health and Social Care|
Vocational Level 2 Courses
Year 12 & Year 13
- All students will be expected to study no less than 3 academic subjects or the equivalent at A Level. It is expected that a pass grade at BTEC will be achieved in each subject that is to be taken at A level.
- Have an average GCSE points score of 42 or above.
- Meet any entry criteria detailed in the subject specific information.
- Have a grade 5 on a Higher Paper for a subject they wish to study.
- Meet the entry criteria if they are studying a new subject.
- Students will be tested regularly and their progress will be monitored at regular intervals.
- Reviews of academic progress will be sent home and there will be a Consultation Evening for Year 13 in October.
- All Year 13 students will sit A level mocks in January of Year 13.
Level 2 Qualifications in our Skills Centre
Students must achieve a grade total of at least 6 in English and Mathematics, with no grade less than a 3. Successful applicants must also have a reference that communicates they have a good attitude to learning, good behaviour and a good attendance record. Applicants must demonstrate a hard working attitude and enthusiasm for the subject. If applicants do not achieve grade 4s in English and Maths they will have to continue studying these with enthusiasm during the course.
Download the Sixth Form Prospectus by clicking on this link.